Tuesday 29 May 2012

Slipping away

after my 'free Friday' post ,the week that followed was anything but.i guess I deserved it for gloating,hehe,tho I must ask which new mum can resist not sharing that type of info? I digress,so let me swiftly get into todays Blog before I am the first to miss the message I have in mind.

I was full of blog post ideas this past week but I had no time to gather and organize my thoughts neither to remember them all nor type them out.I wrote a piece of poetry which remins incomplete,formulated a few 1 or 2 line quotes ,had passing eccentric ideas and deep thoughts yet nothing concrete.my mind was constantly multitasking and would not settle down.i realized that when you are moving so fast in pursuit of materialistic goals you lose track of the important things.and tho you might think you're moving along deftly ,at the end of the day you still end up wondering what happened to the time and how you did not achieve all the things you set out to do.In the grand scheme of things it means our time on earth is running out,surreptitiously at some times blatantly at others.either way we need to maximize whatever we have left inshaAllah.

Time is a gift.its been said repeatedly but there's no contesting the fact.a precious ,precious gift which if not used wisely can contribute to our downfall,Allah forbid.I recalled the following Hadith and hope to remind myself of it when I have some time to spare again.

'Take benefit of five before five:
Your youth before your old age,

Your health before your sickness,

Your wealth before your poverty,

Your free-time before your preoccupation and

Your life before your death.'

[Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - Al-Haakim,
Al-Baihaqee: Saheeh]

May we be guided to use the time we have to 'build' and 'beatify' our palaces in Jannah,and not to throw it away in efforts that will be of no avail in the next life. Aameen

Until you read again
Ma'assalam

No comments: