Saturday 1 June 2013

Turn up that smile

This week has been heartbreaking. On Monday my grandmothers brother passed on and on Tuesday morning I lost a dear cousin of mine in an accident. At just 23,His passing has left so many of us reeling,and each with a mile long list of memories.

With tears in my eyes and a smile on my lips I struggle to begin to describe the exceptional character he possessed. He was one of those remarkable beings,always full of life and laughter, ever ready with a witty remark and cheerful banter. It was impossible to be in his company without smiling. Another relative of mine mentioned that it was as if he was just here to cheer us all up. Young or old,he engaged effortlessly with everybody and he had the ability to make every person feel significant. People who have just known him,in passing ,have felt his loss. And I think that can only be attributed to his amazing manner and sincere approach . Be it with fishing advice,narrating a story,or a quick game with children ,he shared what he knew and gave of his time without expecting anything in
return.

I could fill blog after blog with all the fond memories he has left us with ,but I want to share a message which I feel his life conveyed. Try to bring joy and smiles wherever you go. Give and give and give until people have no choice but to love you. And it is that love that will make them treasure you ,in their hearts and more importantly in their Duas once you have departed from this world.

May Allah ease this heartache and may he surround our brother Riaz with those who will keep him laughing and smiling eternally.Aameen

Until you read again
Ma'assalaam

No comments: