Friday 22 March 2013

A sister's love

I was invited to a supper earlier in the evening and something I saw there gave me a 'blogspiration' .It was an absolutely adorable, kind, heart warming, make-you-wanna-get-emotional gesture,that has got me blogging at 00:28 AM.

The supper was a garden buffet so most of the guests were seated outside. When we got there the weather was warm but as the evening progressed a chill crept in. I noticed two sisters who were seated a short distance from me ,one of whom looked to be about 9 and the other around 5. So anyway,when it got cold the older sister held her younger sister on her lap ,and wrapped her up in the cape-like garment she was wearing. She cuddled her and kept her warm until their parents were ready to leave. I just stopped and watched them. I was so enchanted by this utterly sweet gesture but no,i was not entirely surprised. Coz I know what my sisters do for me and what they have always done for me. That's a sister's love. Its as simple as that.

May Allah forever keep our sisterly bonds strong and reunite us with our sisters (and all other family members) in Jannah! Aameen!

*blogspiration - that's my new word,meaning the impetus behind a blog post. Add it to your dictionary (it's in my fictionary)
*fictionary - a collection of words that do not exist (but which I choose to use anyway)

Until you read again
Ma'assalaam

No comments: