Thursday 9 February 2012

The Day of Reckoning

I awoke to a terrifying storm this morning.the sky was alive with violent flashes of light and cracks of thunder that had my heart beating at record pace.ive always carried a fear of the elements but this was the first time it affected me so deeply .the thought struck me that I am way underprepared for the day that is to be like no other in its ferocity ,that is The Day of Judgement.

Al imraan 3:30] "On the Day when every soul will find itself confronted with all that it hath done of good and all that it hath done of evil (every soul) will long that there might be a mighty space of distance between it and that (evil)."

Ibrahim 14:44]" And warn mankind of a day when the doom will come upon them, and those who did wrong will say: Our Lord! Reprieve us for a little while. "

It terrifies me yet my actions contradict my fear.you see Our lives have become so commercial we've lost sight of what's our real objective.our eating,dressing,our lifestyle in general screams show and money but that's not why we are here.we seem to be involved in a dismal transaction where we trade the eternal bliss of the hereafter for the temporary pleasures of this world . Be bold ,be brave, be tireless in your pursuit for ultimate success.its time to set right what we've been doing wrong for so long!

Umar R.A used to say: "Judge yourself before you are judged and weigh your deeds before it is weighed for you."

Until you read again
Ma'assalaam

No comments: