Monday 30 May 2011

sister sister

iv been threatening my  sister(the 1 with middle child syndrome ;P ) for a while now about this blog,so here it is

this blog is nostalgia induced,as you will soon tell. and its dedicated to me hearties, dweebys ,poppitys ,simply the two who are  best known as my sisters!

our geographical positions at the moment are such that we see each other no more than once a month.that changed yesterday as we had a wedding in the family,but generally the visits are infrequent.i miss them terribly because where my sisters are concerned ,theyv taught me the following:

that to get by in the world ,i must equip myself with honesty,good manners and common sense.
that whenever i have a problem ,i must read the Quraan and the best solution will present itself
that no task is too daunting (this is especially so for our handywoman miss z, who cemented and polyfilled and God knows what else)
that we can give off ourselves and of our time without keeping count and without expecting anything in return
that we can still be polite and courteous to people regardless of the treatment they have meted to us
that blessing lies in eating only of halal and  seeking of a halal income 
that u dont have to pretend to be something that u are not
that Salaah comes first.full stop.
that patience gets you what arguing and rebellion cant.
that ones parents are precious.treat them as such.
that sometimes u dont have to say anything but someone else can understand you.(esp at weddings,hehe)

i could list a lifetime of their lessons,but i would like to express a lifetime of appreciation. My sisters u are AMAZING .Blessed ,fortunate,lucky, im all of those things for u have filled my life with happiness,love and support.May the Almighty bless u abundantly in this world and raise u up on the Day of Judgement with the martyrs.Aameen

"I know some sisters who only see each other on Mother's Day and some who will never speak again.  But most are like my sister and me... linked by volatile love, best friends who make other best friends ever so slightly less best.  ~Patricia Volk"

until you read again
ma'assalam

No comments: